Mirrror MAC to TV – Apple products are tricky to use because they are usually not compatible with other brands—this is why most Apple users will tend to have everything Apple. However, if you are the kind who likes to mix things up, there is still hope. What if you do have an Apple TV but it decided to retire one day?
Google Chromecast is an alternative to AirPlay that allows Mac or MacBook users to mirror their screens to a TV. Here is how to do so:
How to Mirror Mac to TV without Apple TV
#1 Setting up Google Chromecast
After completing Chromecast’s physical setup (plugging it on your TV and powering it up), follow these steps:
- Launch Chrome and go to chromecast.com/setup.
- Click Download to get the Chromecast.dmg file on your Mac.
- Install the file on your Mac.
- Click the Accept button to agree to its Privacy and Terms conditions.
- It will start searching for available Chromecasts.
- Click on the Set Up button to configure your Chromecast after the list populates.
- Click Continue when the software confirms that it is ready to set up the HDMI dongle.
- Select your Country so that you are able to configure the device properly.
- This will prompt the software to connect the device to the app.
- Confirm that the code that appears on your Chromecast app (Mac) matches the one displayed on your TV—click the That’s my code button.
- Select the WiFi network that you want to connect to and enter the password.
- You will be able to then change the name of your Chromecast device.
- Click Continue to connect the HDMI dongle to your WiFi network.
- A confirmation will be displayed if the configuration is a success on your Mac and TV. Click the Get Cast Extension button to install the Cast browser extension.
- A Chrome browser will open. Click the Add Extension button. Then Click the Add button when prompted.
- A confirmation will pop up after a successful installation. You will see a new icon on the Chrome toolbar.
- To start using Chromecast, click on the Chromecast icon to enable it—this will send the contents of your browser’s tab to your TV. It will turn blue when in use.
Don’t have an Apple TV to screen share your MAC display, does not mean that you cannot mirror your Mac on a TV. Hopefully, this article can helps you a lot for casting your MAC :D, please share it with other.